Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Saturday 1-7 Fun Times

Larry standing in line to pay for the show
We woke up to 34 degrees and the north wind was blowing so it felt a lot colder. Larry took Flo for a walk and had to wear his winter gloves. They didn't go too far. As soon as Flo took care of business they came back to the Minnie. They usually walk to the dumpster but today it was too cold.

Larry and I walked over to the club house to have coffee and doughnuts and get caught up on what was going on in the park. One of the ladies asked if we were going to stay to play darts, I didn't answer her because I have never played darts before but Larry answered for me and said I would be more than happy to participate. After the gathering 20 of us stayed behind to play darts. For the singles game we had five rotations, the first and third rotations I didn't get any darts in the board, it's a lot harder than you think to play darts. At the end of the fifth rotation we had a three way tie so they had to have a playoff. Each person got three darts and whoever got the highest score won.  After the singles game we played doubles. Larry hung around during the singles match but when the doubles were about to start he went back to Flo. We started playing darts at 8:15 and stopped at 11:45. Larry and I didn't know the rules of darts so when I got back to the Minnie Larry checked it out on the internet. We found out that each player starts with 501 and work themselves down to zero. Each player gets three darts per rotation. Where each dart lands on the board the points are added together and subtracted from 501. The person or team who get to zero first wins, but you can't go over. I had fun playing darts. Maybe next week I will try again.

Debi Diamond introducing the duo
Dianna singing Postman as the opening number
One of the bridal gowns Diana wore in the second half of the show 
After lunch Larry surprised me by taking me to a tribute to The Carpenters called Carpenters Once More, it was playing at The Border Theatre in downtown Mission. The duo is out of Branson, MO. Diana Lynn pays tribute to Karen Carpenter by singing like her, she even resembles her. Debi Diamond, Diana's sister did the announcing of the duo and a bit of comedy, she was very energetic and fun. During the show Diana changed outfits about ten times and didn't miss a beat. She did a super job of singing. I don't remember the gentleman's name that played Richard Carpenter but he did a great job. We had a lot of fun. The Border Theatre is a beautiful old theatre and very well kept up. There wasn't a lot of seating but there was plenty for the show. I don't think there was a heater considering it was a little cold, nobody took off their coats. At the beginning of the show Larry and I shared a small bag of popcorn and after the intermission we shared a Baby Ruth candy bar, the concession bar was small and the prices were reasonable. 

In the evening we were going to go to Tropic Star and dance to Joe Saltel but it was too cold. We had been told the hall didn't have a heater so we stayed at home and kept warm. Larry read and I did some Sudoku. We had a fun day in the valley.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth