Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, December 22, 2016

12-21 First Day of WInter

Officially Winter started today
We started winter out with a gorgeous sunshiny 66 degree day. Last night I went to bed early so this morning I woke up at 7:15. After breakfast Larry took me to the gym where I worked out in the circuit area for 45 minutes. Next we swung by Walmart, if you remember yesterday I mentioned that when Flo was using the ramp she was having a problem getting a grip, we went to Walmart, to pick up a yoga mat. While there we picked up pillows to replace the pillows in the Minnie. After getting what we needed we went home.

Building the box for the ramp
The finished box
Larry filing down the corners of the support bar
After lunch we went back to working on Flo's ramp. The first thing we worked on was building a support box for the step to help keep the ramp level with the door. After we built the box we tested it out. As we were walking up the ramp it was flexing a lot so Larry decided to replace the support bar with another bar. The bar we replaced the bar with was an angle aluminum bar that was longer than the original bar. We tried it out and it was a lot more stable. It works perfect.

We put the yoga mat on the ramp and got Flo to try it out. At first she didn't want to go up it at all but when she finally tried she had no problem getting in and out of the Minnie. Now the next step is stain the support box and screw the yoga mat to the ramp. 

In the evening we watched our YouTube videos and the first Iron Man. I went to bed early last night and I didn't play my daily challenge solitaire games so I played them. We had a very productive day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth