Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

11-29 Busy Day

Busy Day
We had a busy day getting ready for a special visitor tomorrow. Larry's mom Shirley is going to visit for a week. We started out by going to Planet Fitness so I could work out. I was tired so I only did the treadmill for 35 minutes but I did end up burning 248 calories. When I finished we went next door to Ace Hardware to look at the hinges. Larry is thinking about building a ramp for Flo. He didn't find what he he wanted so we left empty handed. Next stop was HEB to do our weekly grocery shopping. We bought more groceries than usual considering Shirley and Louise will be eating with us. After doing our shopping we swung by The UPS Store to pickup our mail and a package of Christmas gifts that Shirley had sent us. She always gets a head start on Christmas shopping.

A filthy pillar on the railing
Now it's cleaned
Cleaning the railing
Once I put the groceries away I made lunch. Our back porch railing is really dirty and I have been talking about cleaning it so after lunch I got out the bucket, brushes, and garden hose to clean the railing. It took me two hours but it was well worth it. While I was doing this Larry blew off the front porch, the garage and driveway. He was going to do the back porch but the porch was wet from me cleaning the railing. While we were outside the mail came. Larry was excited, earlier he was notified that the GPS he had ordered was out for delivery. He wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. He spent part of the afternoon playing with the GPS. Once he got the GPS setup he started playing with the idea of building a dog ramp. He told me that he can build one but if he can't do it inexpensively then he might as well buy one. 

After I finished cleaning the railing I went back to working on my puzzle. This is the puzzle that I had put together before but later I dropped the bag of puzzle pieces all over the floor so I had to put it together again to make sure all of the pieces were there, it is a good thing I did because I discovered about four pieces were missing, we found them under the refrigerator. We will be needing to use the dining room table on Thursday so I finished it just in time to take it apart again.
The Neuschwanstein Castle reassembled

In the evening we watched YouTube videos and the third Harry Potter movie called Prisoner of Azkaban. While watching television I did some laundry. I also boiled potatoes for potato salad and eggs for deviled eggs. We had a busy day.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth