Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

11-1 Happy November

Happy November
We had a super October. November started out with a return visit to the Baylor, Scott and White Dermatology Clinic. During my first visit the doctor took a biopsy of a small growth on my shoulder and sent it to the lab, it came back as a non-threatening cancer but they recommended it to be removed. This morning was the appointment for the surgery, it took about a half hour to remove the spot and stitch me up. Didn't really seem like surgery but that is what they called it. As I was checking out I made an appointment to remove the stitches in two weeks. I don't know what I was thinking but I made the appointment even earlier than today, it's at 8:00. I usually don't get up until 8:00 or 8:30. I'll just have to go to bed earlier the night before. That's not a problem considering the last hour before I go to bed I play computer games. As we were leaving Larry asked if I wanted to get a flu shot considering the Family Clinic was in the same building. I signed in and five minutes later I had my shot and we were on our way. 

Last night when Louis dropped us off in Walmart parking lot we walked into Walmart to pickup primer for painting the security camera extension project. While Larry was waiting for me this morning he changed his mind on how he was going to paint the pipe and boxes. He decided it would be easier and the paint would go on smoother if he sprayed painted. So on the way home we swung by Walmart and picked up a can of spray primer and a can of spray paint. When we got home Larry started on his painting project. First he sanded down the pipe, boxes and covers, then he put two coats of primer on the pieces. Once the pieces were dry he applied two coats of paint. While the pieces were drying we went inside and had lunch.

Sanding down the pieces to paint
Pieces drying after they were primed
Larry painting the pieces
The pieces drying after they were all painted
In the afternoon I took a nap and worked out a half hour on my Wii Fit program and a half hour on Just Dance. After dinner we watched our YouTube videos and a couple of movies on Amazon. The first one was Japanese Story, it was about an Austrian geologist and a Japanese businessman. It was a slow moving movie and we didn't like it. The second one was The Beckoning Silence, which was a documentary about a mountain climber. After nearly losing his life climbing he continued climbing. It was a very good movie. We had a very nice day.               

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth