Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, October 10, 2016

10-9 What project should we do next?

What should we do next?
This morning I decided not to go to the gym so we loaded Flo into the car and went to town. We needed to do a couple of errands. My feet have been hurting and Larry figures my tennis shoes might be worn out. Since I have never had feet problems I can wear any brand of shoe that fits so we stopped at Walmart where I found a pair of Dr. Scholl's that were perfect. I bought a pair of shoes that were a size larger than I have been wearing and it came in wide, this was a surprise considering it's almost impossible to find wide tennis shoes. While we were in the store we picked up a couple more items.The next stop was The Dollar Tree to pickup a couple gallons of bleach for our septic system.

New Shoes
When we go square dancing we wear hats and some folks refer to us as the hat people. A few of our hats are beginning to show their age so last week Larry ordered hats to replace them. He ordered our hats through Amazon and they came with a foam insert that helps keep them for getting squished in shipping, good news, I didn't have to iron them. While he was ordering the hats he thought I would like to have some colorful bands for my Garmin VivoFit so he ordered a pack of six bands of different colors. The band that came with the Garmin is dark blue and it's a little boring. The pack comes in pink, white, red, light blue, purple and orange. Now I can change the color of the band to fit my mood or clothing, they are really easy to change, of course I started off with pink.

New Garmin Bands
How the pink band looks on my wrist
New hats (2 pink, 2 yellow and 2 green)
Larry is getting low on projects but I know it won't be too long before he finds some new ones. He has been playing with security cameras for the last couple of weeks, he really likes them. He can watch Flo when she's outside so she doesn't wander to the lake. He can also watch the animals that wander through the backyard. The other day when he was playing with the EZVIZ Husky he saw deer grazing in the backyard and at night he saw a couple of cats stroll through the yard, thought this was so cool. He installed the Qsee Security System Cameras on the house and they work great but he only had one Ethernet cable on the back porch so he had to do away with the Husky. For the last few days he has been thinking about how he could run two or more cameras off the back porch and he came up with a solution. He decided to string another Ethernet cable through the attic to the back porch, off to The Home Depot we went. As we were looking at the Ethernet cable it dawned on him that the Qsee Security System came with four 100 foot cables, he decided to save some money and use it. But we didn't leave empty handed, we bought a electrical box and cover for the cables. Then we went back to the house and he started working on the project. Since the sun was shining he knew the inside of the attic would be hot so he worked on the other pieces. He drilled another hole in the roof of the porch next to where the other cable was so he would have enough room for a couple of more cables and he reworked the electrical box that he is going to mount the camera to. It looks great so far.  

In the evening we watched YouTube videos. Then we watched the first Hell Boy dvd. Later I worked on my book and played computer games. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth