Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, October 3, 2016

10-2 Spectacular Sunday

Spectacular Sunday
We had spectacular day. We attended a special A2 lesson in Sun City. The lesson was divided in two sessions, the first half was two hours and the second half was an hour and a half with a half hour lunch break. We were introduced to 9 new calls, we have now been introduced to 29 calls. We are very thankful that Marty setup these lessons considering we don't live in Sun City and we're not members of the Sundancers Club, to belong to the Sundancers you have to live in Sun City. Marty and members of the club are really going out of their way to ensure we will be able to attend the A dance in Paris Tx later this month and I am really excited about going.

My Garmin vivofit 2
HEB jalapeno poppers
Right before dinner Larry said a package should have been delivered, I opened the front door and there the package was. He told me that the package was for me. He surprised me with a Garmin vivofit 2. Some of our friends have similar devices that track their steps and different activities they do. In the past we have talked about getting one but I didn't have much interest in it. Since I joined the gym he decided to surprise me by buying one for me, now I can track all the physical activities I do all day. A neat feature the vivofit 2 has is that the battery life is for a year. As I was playing with the device I jogged a little and it showed how far I went, how many steps I took and how many calories I burned. Larry got the device setup around 6:00, it's now 10:30 and I have done 1807 steps. But I really didn't walk that many steps, some of the steps were counted when I moved my hands. You can sync the device to a computer, smart phone or tablet and then you can track all the information by day, week, month and maybe even by year. Once Larry figures it all out he will teach me. 

For dinner I barbecued some HEB sausage, jalapeno and cheese poppers. These poppers are excellent but they are a bit expensive so we only buy them when we find them on sale. They are a perishable item that are sold in the meat department and some times if you arrive in the morning they will have a few marked down 25%. After dinner we watched YouTube videos and started watching a PBS series called Art in the Twenty-First Century. We watched two episodes, Vancouver and Mexico City. The Vancouver episode was about four artists (Liz Magor, Stan Douglas, Brian Jungen and Jeff Wall) who live in the Vancouver area. They reveal how everyday images and moments from the past aren't what they seem. The second episode was about four artist (Natalia Almada, Minerva Cuevas, Damian Ortega and Pedro Reyes) who live in Mexico City. They express their politics and culture through their art. Both episodes were very interesting, you get to understand each artists philosophy about art. Afterwards I worked on my book and played computer games.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth