Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, October 20, 2016

10-19 Last Day of Boating Season

Last Day for the Season
Larry has been wanting to winterize the boat for a couple of weeks but the wind has been blowing or we just put it off, well, this morning Larry decided it was time to get this done. Last week Larry added fuel stabilizer and we needed to take the boat for a spin to mix the additive in the fuel and get it into the engine so today we took the boat to the lake, we weren't there long. We drove around for about 20 minutes. There were a few boats on the lake and the wind was blowing. Today I didn't have any problem putting the boat on the trailer. Once we pulled the boat up the ramp we wiped it down. When we got back to the house Larry winterized it. It didn't take him long. He drained the water out of the engine by pulling the plugs, opening the valves on the manifolds and took the hoses off. Now the boat is put to bed for the winter and the motor won't freeze. We keep the boat stored in the garage and it doesn't freeze often here in Central Texas but Larry doesn't want to take a chance. 

One of the marinas on Lake Belton
Wiping down the boat after a ride around the lake
Getting the boat ready to be winterized
Draining water from the manifolds
After winterizing the boat we went inside and had lunch. When we finished lunch we went outside and did some yardwork. I mowed and Larry weedeated, blew out the garage and driveway. When I finished mowing Larry treated the yards for bugs. It only took me a half hour to mow considering I only mowed the frontyard. While Larry treated for bugs I blew off the front porch and finished the driveway. While we did the boat project and yard projects Flo kept us company.

The pork ribs we had for dinner
When we were finished doing our projects I did four loads of laundry and some housework. About 3:00 I worked out on my Wii Fit, which I hadn't used in ten days. The reason I know this is because it told me. I worked out for a half hour. When it was time for dinner I barbecued pork ribs. They came out perfect. In the evening we watched YouTube videos. We streamed two episodes of POV on the ROKU PBS Channel. One was Kingdom of Shadows, it was about the war on drugs. The other one was Getting Back to Abnormal, which was about New Orleans. They both were good documentaries. We had a busy day just doing little projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth