Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, September 9, 2016

9-8 Busy Busy Busy

A Busy Day
We had a busy day but it was fun. We started the day out by going to the gym. When we arrived in the parking lot it was 9:00 and there were a lot of vehicles but when we went inside it didn't look busy at all. I worked out on the treadmill for a half hour and the circuit area for abs for a half hour. Yesterday I did the treadmill at the speed of 4 and on the rolling hills mode but today I had to slow the speed down to 3.5 because my feet were hurting. I think yesterday I had my tennis shoes tied too tight so the top of my feet were sore today. After I worked out we did our weekly grocery shopping and then we retrieved our mail at The UPS Store. By the time we got home it was about 12:30 and Flo was very happy to see us. After lunch we loaded Flo into the truck and went to pick up the dolly from storage. We almost never take Flo anywhere in the truck anymore due to it being difficult for her to get in and out. When we got back home I vacuumed the house. Larry and I have been taking A1 square dancing lesson since February and we're going to start A2 lessons Monday. We would like to be finished by the end of the year but we're afraid the way A1 lessons went we might not make it. Belinda and Dorothy felt the same way as we did. We know that the Sundancers in Sun City meet every Thursday evening to practice A1 and A2 moves. Belinda got a hold of the gentleman (Marty) that runs the Thursday evenings and asked him about teaching us A2 moves. There were a few e-mails that went back and forth and Marty told Larry and Belinda that they have a room every Thursday at 5 to 8 and he could get two couples to come in at 5 to 6 to help us with A2 moves. So we all showed up tonight for our first lesson. We were introduced to two moves, Marty felt that if he introduced us to more we would be too overwhelmed. Larry and I stayed until the end of their session and we got the opportunity to dance a couple of A1 tips. Marty teaches the sessions by using recordings. At times it was hard to understand what the caller is saying but over all it's not bad. We had a great time.

The A dancers practicing the moves
Having fun doing A2 moves
Marty joining the other dancers dancing a tip
Larry called Louise the other day and she mentioned that her garage door was not working correctly, sometimes she would have to push the button to raise the door a few times before the door would open and each time the opener made a funny noise. After leaving Sun City we went by Louise's house to work on the garage door. When we went inside her dog Autumn wasn't in the house so I looked for her. She was in the backyard doing her thing. When she saw us she came over to say hi. She was out with us for a little while and then I put her back inside the house because I didn't want to worry about her. Larry spent quite a bit of time adjusting the springs and then he lubed the hinges. The door worked perfectly for us but day to day use by Louise will be required to determine if it is truly fixed. Louise was working so she will get to give it a try when she gets home. It was after 9 when we left Louise's and we had not had dinner, we didn't know if Fuddruckers (a hamburger place) would still be open but we stopped in and sure enough they are open until 10. We love Fuddruckers burgers, they also have really great onion rings and fries. We got home at about 11. Flo was once again one happy dog to see her mom and dad. Before we had left I fed her dinner so when we got home I gave her a little snack. I did a little bit of dishes and then worked on my puzzle a bit. We had a busy day. LIFE IS GOOD.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth