Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

9-13 It's Time to Change the Oil

Time to change the oil in the Equinox
Last week Larry noticed that it was time for the oil to be changed in the Equinox, he called Don Ringler Chevrolet and made an appointment for both an oil change and the yearly state inspection. He usually changes the oil in the vehicles himself but since the Equinox is still under warranty he takes it to the dealer. The appointment was this morning at 9:30. The car really needed a bath so he wanted to stop by The Barn Car Wash on the way to get the oil changed. Larry waited and waited for the wife to get up but there was no wife. He finally had to wake me up at 8:20 so I could get ready. I had every intention to get up early but I over slept.  When we finished breakfast I gave Flo a snack and off to town Larry and I went. The car wash wasn't busy so we were in and out real fast. When we got to Don Ringler Chevrolet for the appointment they told us that it would take an hour and a half. We told them that was ok, Larry had brought the newspaper and a book to read and I had brought my Sudoku book. It only took about an hour. On the way home we stopped at Planet Fitness so I could workout. I worked out for an hour and Larry used one of the massage machines. Yesterday, I worked out on the weight machines and my muscles were a little sore. I didn't know it until I tried to do the machines. I worked out on the treadmill for 35 minutes and then I went back to the weight machines. I had a great workout.

Before making lunch I decided to slow cook some chicken in the crock pot. I had bought a pack of chicken thighs when we went grocery shopping last week so I could make a Chicken and Black Bean Casserole. Larry suggested that I should try the slow cooking method instead of standing over the grill for 45 minutes to cook it. I put half the pack in the crock pot and added root beer and liquid smoke, then I started the cooking process. After lunch I worked on my puzzle and started doing laundry. Larry did a review for The Home Depot Seeds Program. Flo really wanted to go somewhere so she was pestering us. The other day Larry noticed that some of the caulk had come loose on the Minnie, for a temporary fix he used a bit of tape but he wanted to get some Proflex sealer so we loaded Flo into the car and went to Sunbelt RV. 

At 4:00 I decided to test out if the chicken was done, it had been cooking about 4 hours. I took a piece out of the crock pot and it fell right off the bone, I gave the piece to Larry to test. The chicken was finished so I removed the rest of the pieces. I ended up not make the dish instead I shredded the chicken and made sandwiches out of it for our dinner. Flo goes crazy about chicken. I know people say you shouldn't give dogs chicken bones but I have always given her the larger ones, I don't give her the little bones and I make sure that I'm around when she eats them. After dinner we watched YouTube videos and a HBO movie through the ROKU. The movie was called Tsunami: The Aftermath. It was a fictional two part movie about the Tsunami that devastated the coast of Thailand in 2004, it was a good movie. Afterwards I worked on my puzzle and played computer games until it was time for bed. We had a very good day.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth