Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

9-12 It's Flo Birthday

Happy Birthday Flo
Flo turned 13 today, in people years I guess she's 91. She has been a terrific companion and had a wonderful life, not many dogs have traveled to all 48 of the lower US and a couple of Canadian provinces. She loves to swim and since we have always lived near the lake she has gotten plenty of opportunities. As much as we love her we have to admit she is really aging. Her back legs are weak, she has a hard time getting up and down off the floor and she limps more often, but she still shows a lot of excitement when we come home or when she wants to go somewhere. We're not sure how much longer she'll be with us.

Larry and I went to lake in the morning. We haven't been boating in over two weeks, it's been breezy many mornings and we have been out of town the last couple of weekends. There were twelve vehicles in the parking lot when we arrived at Rogers Park. There was a little breeze but we needed to get out of the house. We're a little stiff from our weekend of square dancing in Smithville so we air chaired and floated in the water. We were at the lake about an hour and a half. We had a peaceful morning on the lake. 

Back on the water
Air Chairing on Lake Belton
After putting the boat in the garage Larry backed the car out of the garage so he could get the dolly out, we're taking it back to storage. Larry rolled the dolly to the truck and connected it to the hitch. Once he had this done he put the car back in the garage. Then I let Flo out of the house to say hi. She was waiting for us at the door so she didn't have to go too far to say hi. I heated up the leftover jalapeno bacon sausage poppers for our lunch.

In the afternoon we took the dolly back to storage. I decided I would workout on the way home from the storage center so we left Flo at home with a snack. I worked out for an hour, I worked out on a few weight machines (Pectoral Fly, Calf Extension, Abdominal, Back Extension and Triceps Extension) and I did the treadmill for 35 minutes. While I was working out Larry read the paper and reviewed a few A2 moves on Taminations. Tonight we're going to start A2 lessons and want to be prepared.

Working Out at Planet Fitness Center
After dinner we met up with Louis to go to our A2 lessons at Allemande Hall with the TIPS Club. We're pretty excited about continuing with the A lessons. We hope to be done with the A2 moves by the end of year. When we got home I worked on my puzzle, my annual adventure book and played computer games until it was time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth