Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

6-14 Getting Ready for a Trip

Getting the Minnie Ready
We are so excited about going on our trip to Waco for the 54th Annual Texas State Square & Round Dance Festival. The first thing Larry did this morning was check the back sprinklers to see how much water the grass was getting. Last night he put bowls out to measure how much water was going on the lawn, the sprinklers ran for 45 minutes and he found in each bowl there was about 1/4 of an inch of water, it was consistent but it should be closer to a 1/2 inch. He will have to increase the length of time he is watering. Everything he read said the grass needs about an inch of water each week. The Minnie was filthy so we spent the morning washing and drying it. Larry started cleaning the Minnie by climbing on top and scrubbing the roof with soap and water and a brush. Some places he had to get down on his hands and knees to scrub everything clean. After the roof was finished he started washing the back and worked himself around the Minnie. I sat in a chair and waited for him to finish the back and one side before I dried the areas off. While I was wiping down the Minnie I also wiped down the inside of the doors and the cab area. When I was doing this I decided that it was time to vacuum the cab. When Larry finished washing the Minnie he washed the wheels. Flo spent most of the time outside with us. While she was outside she met a 11 month old dog named Cooper. They both were excited to meet each other. The lady that owned Cooper said they have seen Flo while they walked and was glad that we invited her and Cooper to say hi. By the time we finished washing the Minnie it was starting to get hot.

Scrubbing the roof of the Minnie
Washing around the storage center doors
Washing the rest of the Minnie
The seam of the curtain I sewed up
After lunch Larry plugged the Minnie in to power to get the air condition going to cool it down. A little while later Larry and I cleaned the vents. They hadn't been cleaned in a long time and they needed to be done. When we finished Larry decided to put up the curtain between the cab and the living area so the air condition didn't have to work so hard. He was starting to and stopped. He brought it to me and asked me if I could sew up the hem. I complained because I don't like to sew but I got the sewing machine out and hemmed the curtain. Afterwards I hung it up in the Minnie.

Relaxing in front of the television
In the evening we relaxed and watched television. We watched a documentary called Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist. It was about Marcos Pantani, he was a famous Italian cyclist that won both the Tour de France and Giro d'Italia in the same year. He was well loved by millions around the world. It was about his cyclist career. It was a good documentary but had lots of subtitles. Then we watched a 1935 movie called Hitch Hike Lady. It was a cute funny movie about an elderly British woman who saves up enough money to visit her son in the U.S. Then I worked on my jigsaw puzzle until I went to bed. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth