Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, March 6, 2016

3-3 Another Great Day at Jim Hogg

Jim Hogg1

Lake Georgetown from the trail

Thursday March 3. While Larry was getting dressed I got up and fed Flo.  Larry then took her for her morning walk. While they were gone I got dressed and heated the oven up so I could make breakfast. They weren’t gone long, Flo was having a tough morning and didn’t want to walk far. Larry and I had sausage wraps and then went on another hike. Today we hiked the same trail as yesterday except we went in the opposite direction, we headed towards the dam. We hiked on granite rock slabs and at places the granite was wet and slippery, so slippery that I slipped a few times., then we crossed over a creek that went to the lake. Much of this part of the trail is out in the open and it got warm, it was also quite humid. On our return Larry knew of a trail that would bypass the slippery slabs, it went through the trees and got us back to the campground. During our two days of hiking we saw a total of 3 other hikers and two bikers. When it was time for lunch Larry lit the barbecue grill so he could barbecue some hamburgers. I offered to make a ham sandwich but he said he was camping and he wanted to barbecue. Along with the hamburgers we had the rest of the beans and hot dogs.

Jim Hogg 3-3Jim Hogg 3-005

The campground from the hiking trail             A warning buoy from the lake       

Jim Hogg 3-008Jim Hogg 3-010

Two roadrunners in the campground                  Getting ready to barbecue            

We stayed outside in our chairs all afternoon. I finished reading the Cork O’Conner book Copper River. I was glad I had brought the book along consider when I finished reading Mercy Falls there were some loose ends and Copper River filled them in. I am really enjoying the Cork O’Connor series. Larry finished the book he was reading and started another one. Flo kept us company and slept. When it was time for dinner Larry barbecued pork sausage patties. We had another wonderful day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth