Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, January 8, 2016

1-7 Another Wonderful Day

Just Having Fun
The day started out with a little drizzle but by mid morning the sun came out and it turned into a beautiful day. Larry and I stayed around the house all morning. After we had lunch Flo decided she would go for a walk by herself. I saw her down the street so I got her leash and walked her to the lake, she went swimming and exploring. While there she saw a guy fishing so she decided to climb down some big boulders to say hi, I knew this was a mistake and I told her so. She went down the boulders but when she tried to come up it was very hard on her. She was part of the way up the rocks and she got tired so I climbed down the rocks to help her. I wasn't wearing the right shoes, I was wearing boat shoes so I couldn't help her much. I ended up taking off my jacket and laying it on the rocks so she could get a better grip. This worked but by the time she got back to the parking lot she was exhausted. She walked a little ways and then she laid down in the shade by a truck and wouldn't move. I waited until she was rested a little and then we continued our journey home. When we got to the boat ramp we walked down so she could go swimming to get the mud off her feet. Once she did this she decided to walk to the dock. The lake has been over full for awhile and the walkway has been underwater. The Corps of Engineers have been releasing water from the lake and the walkway is no longer underwater but there is a residue left behind so the walkway is slick. When she walked to the dock she slipped a few times. After she checked out the dock she came back and I lead her to an area where she could swim to get the residue off her. Now she was really was tired so the walk home was very slow but she made it back home. We had been gone an hour by the time we got back home.

Getting the Minnie out of storage
This weekend Larry and I are going to a square dancing event in Waco called Winter Festival, on Friday we will drive the car but Saturday the event starts at 9:00am and does not finish until 11:00pm, it's about an hours drive so Flo would have to be home with no access to get outside for far too long so we are going to take the Minnie and she will go with us. During the breaks we will walk her and probably have our meals in the Minnie. Larry and I went to get the Minnie out of storage. Flo was too tired to go with us. In the evening we streamed a movie on Amazon called Beyond The Sea, which was about Bobby Darin. It starred Kevin Spacey, Kate Bosworth and John Goodman. It wasn't that great of a movie. 

 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth