Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, January 4, 2016

1-3 My Books


Did you know I also write a book each year? Started the books back in 2006 when I started blogging. A lot of the information for my book comes from my blog.

Books of our adventures since 2006 to 2014

I write and publish my book via Blurb (www.blurb.com). They provide software that you download to your computer to write the book, once it is complete you upload the book, then you can publish it or simply have it printed. They offer lots of different formats like photo book, Magazines, EBook and Trade Books in all kinds of sizes. Their pricing varies by the type of book, number of pages, size, paper quality and you can even get hard or soft cover books. Over the years I have come to where I try to keep my books around 80 pages, I print them as soft cover with the least expensive paper and they come out beautiful. In the beginning I wrote a couple of longer books and I even had a couple printed as hard cover. The pricing on the website is higher than it used to be but once I have my book ready I simply wait for them to send me an offer for a discount. They do this frequently and always when a holiday is near and their discounts can be substantial. Each year I print a few and give some to family members. You can even publish them via the Blurb site so others can purchase them, some professional photographers even publish photo books and market them on Blurb.

Now the question that comes to mind is why do I do this? I am not sure, we don't have children to pass these on to or anyone that will care about our history but I do enjoy it and maybe when we are old and sitting in our recliners we will enjoy gazing back at our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth