Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 21, 2016

1-20 Another Great Day

What a great day!
This morning was very cold and it didn't get out of the low 50s all day but it still was a great day. Since it was cold we didn't leave the house until the afternoon when we did a few errands in town. Larry and I wear jeans most of time and our jeans are starting to look worn so we stopped by Walmart to buy jeans. Then we stopped by the UPS Store and picked up our mail. When we got home I worked out for an hour. I thought it was too cold to take Flo for a walk but she did go out with me when I barbecued hamburger patties and salmon patties for dinner. 

Yesterday, I wrote about putting Flo back on the invisible fence. An invisible fence is an electronic system designed to keep your pet safely inside a boundary. If they get too close to the boundary and ignore the beep a mild shock is delivered by an electronic collar. She is trained to move towards the house when the beep or shock occurs. We had trained her on the invisible fence when we moved in the house a couple years ago but I haven't been putting the collar on her for along time and she has been wandering off. This morning Larry put the collar on her and let her out to do her thing. He watched her and tried to keep her from getting shocked but she still got shocked, at least she stayed in the yard. A little later I took her out in the backyard and I tried to call her back but she didn't stop and she got shocked again. When you initially train your pet you put flags up around the boundary to let them know where the fence is, we still had some of the flags so today I placed them around the boundary. Flo's hearing is about gone so possibly she doesn't hear the beep, maybe the flags will help her out. The shock is very mild (I know because I have tested it on myself) and just gets her attention and it keeps her safely in the yard.

This evening we started watching a 1996 series by Ken Burns called The West. This series has nine episodes and each episode is 90 minutes long. The series is about how the western part of the United States was settled. The first episode was The People, which about the west until 1806, The second episode was Empire Upon the Trail and was about the west from 1806 to 1848. So far the series is very interesting and very well done. We had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth