Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

1-11 New Hobby and Square Dancing with The Sundancers

New Hobby
We woke up this morning and it was cold outside, below freezing, Flo didn't mind, she went out and did her thing while Larry and I stayed in house to keep warm. I did some housework. The sun was out and it had warmed up into the 40's so we went to Walmart to buy a couple of things. The car was filthy so we stopped by The Car Wash Barn and ran the car through. The car is a now a little more presentable. Last weekend at the Winter Festival I bought a macrame belt that I liked so Larry suggested it might be fun for me to try doing something like this. While we were at Walmart I picked up a Just My Style Paracord Loom kit to make bracelets to try it out, the box says for ages 6 and up. When we got home I put things away and Larry tried making a bracelet. After attempting it 4 or 5 times I think he was about to go looking for a 6 year old. At first he was apparently not consistent in his knots and it didn't look very good. After a bit he seemed to get the hang of it and finally he ended up with a completed bracelet that looked pretty good. In the beginning I helped by reading him the directions but after a bit I decided to work out.

Larry trying to figure out what to do next
Larry making the bracelet
What a cool bracelet Larry made
In the evening we went to Sun City and danced with the Sundancers. In the beginning there were seven mainstream squares and five plus squares. As the evening progresses folks tend to drift away and by the end we had 3 plus squares. We had a lot of fun.

Brad Caldwell calling the Sundancers Dance
DeAnne, Steve, Debbie and Jim dancing to Brad
Joy and Jim passing thru

Vicki and David doing the Right and Left Grand
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth