Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

12-28 Baby It's Cold Outside


We woke up to a cold wind coming out of the west. The temperature didn't get out of the low forties. I know that's not quite freezing but here in Central Texas it sure feels like it, especially with the wind blowing. Larry decided that Christmas was over so it was time to get a hair cut. We loaded Flo into the car and off to town we went. When we got to Super Cuts in Belton there was only one customer in front of Larry so we were in and out fast. Afterwards we walked next door to HEB and did a little shopping. I was freezing, I thought I didn't need a jacket considering I was wearing a sweater, boy was I wrong. The next stop was the UPS Store I stayed in the car with the heater going while he picked up our mail, the heater felt so good. When we got home I put the items we picked up at HEB away and then made lunch. Larry had a bowl of soup and I had a left over piece of pizza. After everyone was fed Larry read his book on the Kindle and I worked on my puzzle. Flo was having a good day so she pestered me about going for a walk. I really didn't want to so I tried to ignore her. She went outside and did her thing and Larry kept an eye on her, she started to go down the street so Larry brought her back into the yard. I felt bad that she really wanted to go for a walk and I hadn't taken her on one for a while. I stopped doing my puzzle and put a sweat shirt jacket on and took her for a walk. We walked for a half hour around the neighborhood. We didn't see any of her friends during the walk. I told her the reason why was their parents were smarter than me and stayed inside. We had a good walk and now Flo is tired.

Christmas came around and the clubs in the area have not been dancing for the past eight days. This evening the Sundancers in Sun City Georgetown had a dance and we went. There were seven mainstream squares and five plus squares and a few round dancers. That's outstanding considering the dance was right after Christmas. The club had desserts to celebrate the New Years. Before Brad called the last tip instead of a round dance he sang a medley of different singers to I Did It My Way. The singers were Frank Sinatra, Willie Nelson, Kermit the frog, Elvis Presley, Ray Charles and himself Brad Caldwell, he is so talented and we are so lucky to be able to dance to him. We had a super time.

The outfits Larry and I wore to the dance
Steve and Sheri round dancing
Brad Caldwell calling a mainstream tip
Our friends having fun square dancing

Visiting during the dance
Sheryl, Martha and Tony from Shirts 'n' Skirts enjoying the dance
Larry sitting a tip out
Our friends waiting for the next call
Adam and Ruth Ann getting ready to round dance

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth