Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, November 30, 2015

11-29 Where is the sun?

It's raining again
For the last couple of days it's been drizzling all day. We didn't have any errands to do so we bundled up in a blanket and stayed home. I read and worked on our annual adventure books. Larry played with his new tablet and Flo slept.

We had bought Louise a new tablet for her birthday and it was so much faster than our old one that Larry wanted to buy a new one. The other day he ordered a Nexus 7 by ASUS from Amazon and received it the very next day, it wasn't suppose to arrive for a couple of days so he was quite surprised. Yesterday he updated the operating system to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and then loaded all the apps. He is very impressed with the new tablet and the more he plays and reads about it the more excited he gets.
Nexus 7
For the last few days Flo has been wanting to go for a walk but it has been raining so I told her we couldn't. Since Larry had to chase her down the other day whenever I let her out I've been watching her just to make sure she doesn't wonder off. When I let her out after lunch she decided that she was tired of waiting for the rain to stop so down the road to the lake she started to go. I caught up with her and tired to get her to go home but she refused. I ran back to the house to get her leash and by the time I got back she was three doors down the road. I put the leash on her and she still refused to go home. She is old and her hips are very weak so I didn't want to pull too hard and make her fall. Instead I gave into her and we walked to the lake. The rain was coming down pretty steady and I was grateful I had brought the umbrella. We walked down the ramp to the lake but she didn't go swimming, she just sniffed around. We were there about a half hour and she just soaked her feet. She had a hard time climbing up the hill from the ramp but we took our time and she made it. By the time she got up the hill the rain was coming down harder and she was limping a little. When we got home she was soaked and she was exhausted, the rest of the day she slept.

When it was time for dinner I barbecued seasoned chicken and baked dinner rolls. Our back porch is covered excepted for where the grill is. I lite the grill before I put it under the covered area in order to barbecue. The chicken was delicious.   

Last night we watched a comedy drama starring Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche. It was about an art teacher and an English teachers rivalry about what is more important, pictures or words. It was a cute chick flick. This evening we watched a documentary called Murder of Couriers, it was about a group of bike couriers in Vancouver Canada, it  covered a three-year span. We also watched a documentary off HULU on Amy Winehouse titled Final Good-bye, it was about the life and death of a British singer and songwriter. It was a very good documentary. The last couple of days have been very relaxing.

Watching television      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth