Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9-28 Hanging Out at the Campground


Walking Around Campground
Where the Red River joins with the Rio Grande River

I woke up this morning not really feeling well so we just hung around the campground most of the day. I made cinnamon rolls for our breakfast, after breakfast Larry and I went on a walk from our to La Junta Campground. We didn’t walk too far because we didn’t want to over do it. As we walked we saw a cottontail and a couple of small tarantulas. The path was very easy. Occasionally we stopped and looked at the canyon. When we got to La Junta Campground we saw where the Red River and Rio Grande River joined together. There were a couple trails but I wasn’t feeling too good so we passed on doing them. The La Junta Trail went down 800 feet in elevation for 1.2 miles and had a nice wall and a staircase, which we saw from the campground. We had a nice walk. I was tired by the time we got back and I was glad we didn’t attempt the trails. I slept on and off all day. Larry read a book, Flo kept him company outside and sunned. I went outside once and awhile to keep them company. We had very relaxing day.

Walking Around Campground-008
The La Junta Trail

Walking Around Campground-003
One of the vistas of Rio Grande del Norte National Monument

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth