Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9-27 Montoso Campground


Montoso
Camping at Montoso Campground

I woke up this morning with another allergy attack. I was going to do laundry before leaving Red River RV Park but that didn’t happen. I crawled out of bed earlier than Larry so Flo thought it was time for breakfast. I fed her and then got dressed. When Flo finished breakfast she wanted to go out but I really wasn’t feeling well. So Larry climbed out of bed and got dressed. Then he took her for a walk. While they were walking I climbed back into bed. A little later I got up feeling a lot better and made breakfast. Larry had already taken a shower so I went over and took one. While I was gone Larry straightened up the Minnie. When I got back we finished getting the Minnie ready to move on. Before leaving we went across the street and said good-bye to our new friends from Colorado.

Montoso Campground-002
Beautiful scenery of the mountains with all the fall colors

We really weren’t in any hurry to leave we had until 11 and we weren’t going too far. Our next adventure was at The Wild River Recreation Area. We have been here before but we stayed on the other side. This time Larry wanted to stay on the side that looked over the Rio Grande River. There are three campgrounds and we decided to stay at Montoso. There are only four campsites but it had gorgeous scenery of the canyon formed by the Rio Grande River. Once we set up the Minnie we put our chairs up and paid for a couple of nights then made lunch. After lunch I took Flo for a walk, then I took a nap. It was warm in the Minnie so Larry and Flo stayed outside in the shade. Each site has its own covered picnic table, fire ring and grill. The sites are surrounded with Pinion pines so this kept it cool outside. When it was time for dinner Larry barbecued a brisket pattie for himself and a salmon pattie for me. We ate outside. After dinner we took Flo for a walk and then we stayed outside until the sun started down. We had a very relaxing day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth