Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

1-7 Getting Back In Shape

OK, OK. I know no more excuses, no more putting it off. It's time to get back in shape. I really need to loss 20 pounds. I have everything at my fingertips. I have Flo who loves to go on walks. I have a Wii Fit that has programs to workout to, I even have a couple programs for the Wii, they are Gold's Gym Cardio Workout and Just Dance 3. I have a husband that is very supportive. Two years ago I went on a diet and lost 43 pounds. I use the Internet program called My Fitness Pal. If you haven't heard of it it's great. It's a program where you're on a 1200 calorie diet. You enter everything you eat into the program. If the food item is in the database (and almost everything is) it will enter the calorie count, amount of fat, amount of protein and the amount of carbs that food has into your file. I know it probably sounds like 1200 calories are not enough but you can earn more calories by entering all the exercise you do and how long you do it. Like walking the dog, housework, cooking, etc. When you enter your exercise in the database it will enter how much calories you earned. It sounds like a lot of work but it really is easy and it works. While using My Fitness Pal you can get moral support by asking other My Fitness Pal members to be your friend. I stopped tracking my calories and I put on 20 pounds so today I decided I needed to get back on track. The holidays are over and Shirley (Larry's mom) has gone back to Tucson, I don't have any excuses. Today I earned 594 calories by walking with Larry for an hour, working out on the Wii Fit for a half hour and square dancing for an hour. So today I could eat 1794 calories of food. If you don't eat the full amount it's OK because it helps you lose faster. At the end of the day you click on a button and it will tell you if you keep up the way you're going you will be a certain weight in five weeks. I highly recommend My Fitness Pal.

I think Larry's trying to make me into a seamstress. We bought a pair of pants the other day and they were a little small. Today he looked at them and asked if I could take out the darts. So off I go ripping out the darts. I think I neglected to say I really hate sewing because I spend most of the time ripping the stitching out.  After taking the darts out and sewing the band up the pants now fit.

In the evening we went to Georgetown to dance with Shirts 'n' Skirts. There were enough people there for five squares. We had a super time.

Belton Lake


Water Plant on Belton Lake

Working on my sewing project.

Pinning the waist band.

Getting ready to sew the waist band.

Line Dancing at the Shirts 'n' Skirts Dance

The outfits Larry and I wore to the square dance.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth