Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

1-2 Friday Square Dancing with the Killeen Kickers


Square Dancing at the Killeen Kickers

Had a relaxing day and ended with a bit of square dancing. In the afternoon I decided to workout. I have a Wii Fit and a couple of workout programs (Gold Gym Boxing and Just Dance3). I usually workout for an hour or two but I haven't worked out for awhile. I have been very bad. But I did workout on the Just Dance3 for an hour and half. This program is very fun because you dance to different types of music and follow the moves your workout buddy does. It's like you're not even working out. I even sing along with the song because they're songs I know and the lyrics are on the screen. One of our square dance friends (Louis)  called and asked if we were going to Killeen to dance tonight. Larry and I were indeed going so we decided to car pool by meeting at Dorothy's house (who is another square dancing friend). After dinner Larry and I got ready to go square dancing. We usually dress up for dances with outfits and hats but because it was so cold and nasty we decided to dress a bit more simply. I wore red jeans and a blouse and Larry wore dress pants and a gray shirt. Louis usually drives when we carpool but today Larry decided to drive. We had an outstanding time at the dance. There were enough people there to have three squares. I danced every square dancing tip and line dancing tip. Larry sat out one tip to ensure Betsy's fiance, Gary had a chance to dance. Betsy is the Killeen Kickers' caller. Everyone at the dance was surprised when Larry and I showed up without our hats because we're known for our hats. We were glad we went to the Killeen Kickers Hangover Dance. We got home about 11:00, on the way home we stopped and picked up a couple of things at HEB.  We had a bowl of ice cream and about a half hour later we called it a night. We had a great day. Have Fun!!!!!!

Here are a few pictures of our dance. I hope you enjoy them.


Christina Wiggins (cuer), Sherry and I Line Dancing.

Louis and Dorothy Round Dancing.


Square Dancing with Gary.


Betsy Nyhan enjoying herself while calling.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth