Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

1-29 Two Heads / Discussion

Are thoughts and ideas better when you have more input? This morning Larry and I were discussing something he read on the internet and later I got to wondering if you didn't have anyone to discuss things with are you at some type of a disadvantage? Not only that but if you are not the type of person who explores outside information and you also live alone would that be detrimental in some way?


I do not read newspapers, never ever, nor do I read news types of information on the internet. It's not that I am not interested in topics they cover I simply have other interests that occupy my time, I spend much of my time on computer games, cooking, blogging, cleaning and dog stuff. However, Larry loves to read newspapers, magazines, the internet and all kinds of information handouts, heck he will even take and read handouts from religious groups. Most days he will bring up some topics he has read about and we will discuss it a bit. Without him doing this I would be far less informed and he would not get the benefit of my thoughts, believe it or not we don't always agree, of course many of these discussions are not about agreeing or disagreeing they are simply thoughts on the topic. Many of these things are not political or controversial, they might be something as mundane as a new road or downtown Christmas decorations.

After mulling this about I believe if I did not have someone to bring these things up and to talk about them with not only would I be less well informed but my views would be narrower. Of course these conversations could take place with someone other than a spouse but I don't think I would be as open with most people, especially when it came to political, religious or controversial subjects.

What do you think? Feel free to add your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth