Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, January 10, 2015

1-10 Taking Down Christmas Decorations

Wow! It's time for the dreadful chore of taking down our Christmas decorations. Every year when Christmas comes around Larry helps me get all the Christmas decorations out of storage, which is the attic. Once the Christmas tree is up the excitement starts. I decorate it with all the ornaments I have been given over the years. After the tree is finished the next chore is the other decorations. Our new house is smaller than the old house so this year I had the decorations in multiple rooms. Now that Christmas is over it's time to take all the decorations down and store them away until next year. It took me a couple hours to do this. Once I was finished taking down the Christmas decorations I was surprised how many Christmas decorations I have. While we were putting the decorations in the attic I told Larry. "I'm glad I didn't get any more Christmas decorations this year." He said "I guess if you had you would have to get rid of some of the old ones." Heaven forbid I have to make a decision on what to get rid of. It's hard enough for me to make a decision on anything. Oh well the chore of putting away the Christmas decorations in storage what's next on my to do list?

Decorated Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree at the end

Where the Christmas Tree was.

All of our Christmas Decorations

Storing our Christmas Tree

I'm trying very hard to keep to my goal of getting in shape and eating a piece of fruit a day. Yesterday I worked out on the Wii for an hour and forty-five minutes and had an orange. Today I worked out on the Wii for an hour and had a banana. In the evening we went to see Ray Wylie Hubbard in concert. He is a Texas country songwriter and singer. He did an outstanding performance with storytelling and audience participation.

Ray Wylie Hubbard telling a story.

Ray Wylie playing the harmonica.

Ray Wylie and his drummer Todd Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth